Friday, September 28, 2007

The week that has been

[G]ive, and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For the measure you give will be the measure you get back."
-- Luke 6:38 (RSV)

And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, 'Master, you delivered to me five talents; here I have made five talents more.' His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a little, I will set you over much; enter into the joy of your master.'
-- Matthew 25:20-21 (RSV)

We're at the end of what can only be described as a highly intense week at work which should explain my lack of posting thus far, not that I'm proud of that fact. That the two above quotes sum up how the week has ended should suggest things have gone well, but it was extraordinarily stressful for quite a while. Suffice it to say I'm sure not everyone's week would identify with the above quotes, and they are in my prayers.

To be only slightly less opaque, after all the stress of the week had concluded I was handed an opportunity I hadn't even contemplated. Not an opportunity for a new project or a new job, but an opportunity to evangelize and catechize a co-worker. Since the other person brought up the subjects, such as women priests, the Inquisition and others, I thankfully didn't have to worry about getting into trouble since, unlike Dom, I don't work for the Diocese.

So in exchange for putting all my trust in God to get me through this difficult week in whatever way He found best, I was rewarded with an opportunity to do as He has called all of us to and even graced with the words with which to do so. When you open yourself to God's workings, He does not give in dribs and drabs, He gives in heaps and mountains. Sometimes it's like drinking from a fire hose of grace. [T]hou anointest my head with oil, my cup overflows. -- Psalms 23:5b (RSV)

Tags: