Thursday, November 08, 2007

What is your model of the church?

I'll let Deacon Greg fill in the details of this quiz. I'm not completely excited about the wording of a few of the questions but I was pretty pleased with the result:

Your model of the church is Sacrament. The church is the effective sign of the revelation that is the person of Jesus Christ. Christians are transformed by Christ and then become a beacon of Christ wherever they go. This model has a remarkable capacity for integrating other models of the church.

Sacrament model -- 72%
Mystical Communion Model -- 61%
Herald Model -- 56%
Institutional Model -- 56%
Servant Model -- 22%
I can only guess that I scored low on the "Servant Model" because of the "social justice" (as in "Jesus was a social worker") wording of some of the questions which just tweaks me the wrong way. As a commenter on Deacon Greg's blog pointed out, these are certainly not the only models of the Church. But then, this is an Internet quiz and not an entrance exam.