Wednesday, February 13, 2008

*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?

Zoiks, yes, I've been as scarce as hens' teeth lately. Reasons? Yes. Good reasons? Debatable. Let's just say there's a reason I know Keith will make a good priest someday - if he can prod even me to action, imagine what he'll do with an entire parish!

Fr. Daren Zehnle at Servant and Steward has tagged me with the Middle Name Meme. If both a priest and a seminarian want my answers, I guess I don't have a choice but to answer. Who said Catholic Guilt was a thing of the past? (C'mon folks, that was a joke!)

The rules are fairly simple:

1. You have to post the rules before you give your answers.
2. You must list one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name.(If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name or your mother's maiden name).
3. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag one person for each letter of your middle name.

My middle name is Peter. Yes, that means I go by my middle name not my first name. Heard about it at the beginning of every single year in school - I even tried to avoid it in college by not correcting any of the professors, until I started to get too busy/lazy/tired and signed all my papers with my middle name. As they would put it, "I am who I am". But enough delaying.

P - I was convinced for a long time I would become a Priest. The Diocese was smart enough to make me slow down a lot, so it never happened. If someone says "Deacon" my answer is now "maybe, someday". I'm no rushing headlong this time.
e - I have the habit of being positively effusive in praise and deference when talking or writing to any clergy. Probably to the point that they question whether I'm serious or just delirious.
t - I cringe whenever I hear someone describe the altar as a table. Sorry, they're just ... not ... the ... same. This is a meme though, so we haven't the space for a full theological discussion. Moving on...
e - I came this // close to buying the Enchiridion Symbolorum even though I can't read anywhere near enough Latin to have it be of much use. Partly because it would be an impetus to get moving on my Latin studies. And partly, sadly, just to have it.
r - I really, really want to start praying the Rosary every day. I've wanted to do it for a long time, but I've never been organized enough to consistently carve twenty minutes out of my day and I constantly find myself at the end of the day having missed another opportunity. For good or bad, I consider it a black mark on my prayer life.

Since this meme has been around for a while, and just about everyone I know that might read this blog that has one of their own has answered the meme, consider yourself tagged. Keith, I'll expect your answers in the combox since you forced me to do this. In between theology and philosophy courses, of course.