Saturday, March 08, 2008

The new digs

So, tell me what you think of the new look for the blog. Seriously, if it rocks, let me know - and likewise, if it sucks rocks let me know. The base template comes from Dummies Guide to Blogger Beta, the Fluid Width Three Column Template. While I haven't checked it out yet, it promises to work well on multiple screen sizes, adjusting to the given dimensions - wasting all that space on the sides always seemed a little silly to me (but then, I'm no graphics design wizard either).

I've only spent a couple of hours tweaking it, but my eyes are already threatening to revolt and find new lids to hide under so I'll have to call it a day. Besides, tomorrow we talk about the Mass, the Creed and get our candidates ready for their first Confession. And we Spring Forward. What a day!

I must also mention that today my son made his First Confession along with around 80 other children. He was scheming right from the moment we got there to make sure he got in line to the confessional with our pastor Fr. Paul. And yeah, he picked the confessional on his own rather than face-to-face in the open; he clearly has his father's tastes. Please do keep him and all those who made their First Confession today in your prayers as they move along their path to receiving our Blessed Lord in the Most Holy Eucharist. We're already stocking up on hankies for that day.