Wednesday, April 25, 2007

An Easter gift

So I finally managed to decipher my wife's photo organization schema. Kind of, at least. This Easter she made me a beautiful wall-hanging quilt which looks over me as I type this in my office. Have I mentioned she quilts? A lot? If I can be so presumptuous, I think this is some of her best work - then again, maybe I'm biased. It is rather amazing, I think, how much detail can be put into simple strips of fabric when you know what you're doing. And no, I don't know what I'm doing - this is all her.

The whole quilt (it's about 14"x20" finished) (click on each picture for the full-sized image):

A closeup of Christ's head:


And a closeup of Mary at the foot of the Cross:


Font of contemplation, eh? I've already put in my orders for the other Liturgical seasons, although I'm curious what the payment plan will be...