Monday, August 04, 2008

Six Quirks meme

Jeff Vehige of Thursday Night Gumbo tagged me for the Six Quirks meme. It's taken me a while to narrow the list down to just six because I am simply the most quirky person I've ever known. Familiarity breeds contempt, perhaps? Regardless, here's what I've come up with:

1. I start everything possible on my right side. Walking starts with my right foot, chewing on the right side of my mouth, I line things up almost always from right to left. Suffice it to say baseball is nasty when it comes to starting habits like this.

2. I have a peculiar form of photographic memory. I can tell you exactly what a page on a book I've read looks like down to the minutest detail. Sometimes that's how I'd pass tests in high school and college - I'd literally re-read the page in my mind.

3. I can never start a conversation; once someone gets it going I can talk for hours but I'm terrible at getting started. This makes RCIA sessions interesting to say the least.

4. Until I had a Sirius subscription I would never listen to any music when driving. I could drive for hours with only road noise and not be bothered in the slightest. Now I alternate between blessed silence and either EWTN or the Catholic Channel.

5. If I spend more than two days anywhere I pick up the local accent. Unintentionally. I can then pull it back even years later - I still whip out my West Virginia accent twenty years after I visited those beautiful hills.

6. I notice every last verbal peculiarity of anyone I talk to within minutes. It's kind of annoying, even to me.

If you want to be tagged, you are. This has been out for a while so I'm not going to be tagging people who've already done it. Is that a cop out?